To help to prevent the HIV transmission from Mother to Child and to provide psychosocial support to enhance the quality of life in women, adolescents and children infected by HIV/AIDS and their families.
To build avenues of hope, routes of attention and respect from which women, children and adolescent living with HIV/AIDS can walk without the fear in the “race for life”.
“A race for the life”
- To reduce the HIV transmission from Mother to Child (via breastfeeding) providing baby formula.
- To provide support and social services to women, children and adolescents and to improve their health and enhance their quality of life.
- To provide critical HIV education, outreach and mental health to clients referred by UCSD/Hospital General de Tijuana and other health institutions from Baja California.
- To help women in take an active role in their own care and treatment.
- To teach our clients to navigate and advocate for themselves and their children in the health system.
Eunime/Es Por Los Ninos Services:
- Case management.
- Baby formula, baby products.
- Emergency financial aid for transportation, medicines and lab exams.
- Support groups
- Referral services
- Outreach. Health fairs.
- Food, clothes and shoes.
- Educational workshops
- Recreational activities. Birthdays, Day of the Child, Mother’s Day, Halloween and Christmas.
- School supplies
- Peer program.
- Music classes for adolescents in our program.
- Yoga Kundalini classes for our children.
- Sewing classes.
- Adult school classes.